Oh No, Ross and Carrie!
Live from Brooklyn, New York, Ross and Carrie tell a packed, enthusiastic crowd about their stop at a local holistic center to have their auras read. Carrie has a pretty healthy aura — plugged into her intuition as she is — but Ross, hoo boy. He needs some work, let me tell you. And both Carrie and Ross have one chakra that’s nearly dead. Plus, the sweet and funny Dan and Stuart from MaxFun’s own The Flop House join in to review Carrie’s very favorite Christian movie, "The Appointment." You don’t want to miss your appointment with this episode (or you will be sent straight to Hell).
New live tour dates have been added! Check out www.carriepoppy.horse!
Marco and Casey are successful podcasters but have an itch to create videos.
We are joined by Marco Arment for a candid discussion about the state of podcasting in 2018, why podcasts should — and probably will — remain decentralized, why we should always be afraid, the problems with AR and VR, and we wrap with some advice for people who want to podcast.
Simple Contacts - Contact Lenses and Prescriptions From Home
Head over to simplecontacts.com/menu for $20 off your first Simple Contacts order.
RXBAR | Whole Food Protein Bars with Real Ingredients
Go to RXBAR.com/menu for the Family Pack. Use offer code “MENU” at checkout for 25% off your first order.
The Long Winters frontman John Roderick joins us on the GrottoPod this week and talks about how making a splash — anywhere — can lead to a book deal. Roderick, who formed the long-running Seattle band with fellow ex-Harvey Danger member Sean Nelson, also hosts two podcasts (Roderick on the Line, with writer and 43 Folders founder Merlin Mann, and Road Work, with 5by5 founder Dan Benjamin), has hosted live cabaret and YouTube travel videos, and ran for Seattle City Council (he came in third). All of this — plus massive followings on Twitter and Instagram — have led multiple agents to beg Roderick to write a book. He tells us what he might write, and our hosts offer a GrottoPod first: 35 seconds of mid-podcast rock and roll.
Right-wing groups like the Proud Boys say they have no tolerance for racism or white supremacist groups. Their leader Gavin McInnes disavowed the white nationalist rally in Charlottesville.
Relay FM co-founders Myke and Stephen answer questions from listeners as part of their third-anniversary celebrations.
- Ungeniused - http://relay.fm/ungeniused
- Audio Hijack Pro - https://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/
- Skype Call Recorder - http://www.ecamm.com/mac/callrecorder/
- Neumann KMS 105 - https://www.neumann.com/?lang=en&id=current_microphones&cid=kms105_description
- Shure 87A - http://www.shure.com/americas/products/microphones/beta/beta-87a-vocal-microphone
- Shure 58A - http://www.shure.com/americas/products/microphones/beta/beta-58a-vocal-microphone
- USB Pre 2 - https://www.sounddevices.com/products/portable-audio-tools/usbpre2
- Tascam 2x2 - http://tascam.com/product/us-2x2/
- Sony MDR7506 - https://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/product-MDR7506/
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/dt-770-pro-32-ohm.html
- Cortex - http://relay.fm/cortex
- Mac Power Users Archive - https://www.relay.fm/mpu/archive
- Free Agents - http://relay.fm/freeagents
- Mixed Feelings - http://relay.fm/mixedfeelings
- Connected - http://relay.fm/connected
- Analog(ue) - http://relay.fm/analogue
- Reconcilable Differences - http://relay.fm/rd
- RelayCon San Francisco 2016 - https://www.relay.fm/connected/95
- The Memphis Pyramid - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memphis_Py…
Part 1: Original iPhone Engineers Nitin Ganatra, Scott Herz, and Hugo Fiennes in Conversation with John Markoff
Part 2: Starts at 01:01:51 - Original iPhone Software Team Leader Scott Forstall in Conversation with John Markoff
[Recorded June 20, 2017]
During 2006, the year before the iPhone was introduced, it seemed that innovation in mobile devices was beginning to slip away from Silicon Valley. Wireless computing was advancing more quickly in Europe than it was in the United States. That all changed abruptly when Steve Jobs stepped onstage at Moscone Center in San Francisco and asserted he was introducing “three revolutionary products” in one package—the iPhone.
How did iPhone come to be? On June 20, four members of the original development team will discuss the secret Apple project, which in the past decade has remade the computer industry, changed the business landscape, and become a tool in the hands of more than a billion people around the world.
Lot number: X8247.2017 Catalog number: 102738283
Dan, James, Anna, Andy and special guest John Hodgman discuss draining the sea, why the Titanic really sunk, and how most of Britain isn’t really in Britain.
Page 1 of 23Older