Our story was inspired by a real contingency speech written in 1969 by William Safire for Richard Nixon titled “In Event of Moon Disaster." It was the most listened-to piece on PRX in 2010, and the winner of the 2010 Mark Time Gold Award for Best Science Fiction Audio.
Tagged with “space” (4)
They’re here! About one-third of all Americans believe we’re being visited by extraterrestrial spacecraft. But wait, you want evidence?
UFO sighting are as prevalent as flies at a picnic. But proof of visitation – well, that’s really alien.
Hear why belief in extraterrestrial UFOs persists … and why military sightings that “can’t be explained” don’t warrant rolling out a welcome mat for ET.
Plus, the most fab UFOs in the movies!
It’s Skeptic Check… but don’t take our word for it!
- Phil Plait – Keeper of the skeptical website badastronomy.com
- Benjamin Radford – Research Fellow with the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry and managing editor of “Skeptical Inquirer Science Magazine”
- Leslie Kean – Journalist, and author of UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record
- Susan Clancy – Psychology Researcher, Harvard University and author of Abducted: How People Come to Believe They Were Kidnapped by Aliens
- Thomas Bullard – Folkorist at Indiana University and author of The Myth and Mystery of UFOs
The science of space, with Dr Alastair Reynolds. Plus: how does broadband go faster?; why can’t nuclear waste be shot in to the Sun?; and what happens when black holes merge?