Over the last five years Stefan Molyneux has risen to fame, and while I personally enjoy a lot of his content, I maintain that a great many of his assertions are disastrously flawed… and his Universally Preferable Behaviour (otherwise known as UPB) is one of them. What follows is a refutation of the Five Proofs that Molyneux offers, and hence, this is Universally Preferable Behaviour Debunked!
As promised within the video, here’s a link to Common Sense Atheism’s review of UPB (of which I found very useful in my research, and I highly recommend). Give him/her some love! http://commonsenseatheism.com/?p=75
For a detailed explanation of the flaws and fallacies within Molyneux’s Five Proofs, please watch the video, but if you just want a brief announcement of some of the flaws, they are as follows:
The First Proof is flawed because:
• Premise two is a False Premise.
The Second Proof is flawed because:
• Premise one is Begging the Question, and;
• Premise four unjustifiably smuggles in the word “acceptance”.
The Third Proof is flawed because:
• Premise two is Begging the Question;
• Premise three is a False Premise, and;
• Premise four is a False Premise.
The Fourth Proof is flawed because:
• Premise one is either pedantic or a False Premise;
• Premise three commits an Ambiguity Fallacy, an…
Original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLGh0wOXeAU
Downloaded by http://huffduff-video.snarfed.org/ on Fri, 16 Mar 2018 19:15:47 GMT
Available for 30 days after download