Welcome to Josh Langley Gets to Know - Series 2 - Click subscribe, hit like and leave a comment.
A large percentage of people in the population are on the Autism spectrum and that includes a lot of adults, yet they go undiagnosed which can lead to all sorts of personal suffering.
Jessie Aiton is the founder of The Lost Girl and she shares her personal story of tragedy to triumph and how she’s now offering hope to many late diagnosed autistic women.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How a dramatic breakdown led to Jessie going on a life changing journey to discover her ‘Lost Girl’.
- What the term ‘Lost Girl’ actually means in the Autism community.
- How lifechanging a diagnosis of Autism can be for some people, especially women.
- What ‘masking’ is and how notice it in people.
- How often women can be misdiagnosed with a host of other issues.
- How important self acceptance is for adult autistic women.
- What someone should do if they think they’re on the autism spectrum.
You can connect with Jessie Aiton at https://www.thelostgirl.com.au/
From her website: "I have become passionate about connecting autistic women with others, communities and resources in the hopes it helps them to feel less alone as they navigate their way through the labyrinth."
Are you an…
Original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp76Zsc_KU4&feature=youtu.be
Downloaded by http://huffduff-video.snarfed.org/ on Mon Feb 22 11:06:17 2021
Available for 30 days after download