damianpoole / Damian Poole
There are eight people in damianpoole’s collective.
Jeremy Keith on Ajax design considerations
Jeremy Keith from Clearleft discusses his session at 2008's UI13 conference called Ajax Design Considerations that Tim attended. What do UX professionals need to know about Ajax to best make use of it in websites and web applications? And why is Jeremy's title at Clearleft currently "Lineman for the County"?
Audible Ajax Show 25
Ben and I were both in the same place for once, so we whipped out a recorder and produced a new Audible Ajax podcast.
Think Vitamin Radio #2
SitePoint Podcast #44: HTML5 is a (Beautiful) Mess
Episode 44 of The SitePoint Podcast is now available! This week, Kevin Yank (@sentience) is joined by Opera Software’s Bruce Lawson (@brucel), SitePoint author Ian Lloyd (@lloydi), and Kyle Weems (@cssquirrel), creator of the CSSquirrel web comic, to discuss the latest uproar from within the W3C HTML5 Working Group. Is progress towards the HTML5 standard at risk of derailing, or is this just par for the course in the wild, wild world of standards development?
43 Folders: Interview with “Linchpin” author, Seth Godin
Merlin Mann talks with Seth Godin, whose new book, Linchpin, comes out today. Topics include, “The Lizard Brain,” Bob Dylan, protecting the well, and beating back the fear and resistance that drive mediocrity.
Tagged with book:author=seth godin book:title=linchpin merlin mann
The Dev Show 1: Awesome.new
- 9 Most Common IE Bugs and How to Fix Them
- Faster Loading Through Eval()
- Python Moratorium
- Top Up
- jQuery 1.4 ReleasedjQuery version 1.4 has been released!
- The 14 Days of jQuery
- jQuery 1.4 and Malformed JSON « Katz Got Your Tongue?
- 35 Excellent Ecommerce User Interface Designs
- Mongo DBMongoDB (from "humongous") is a scalable, high-performance, open source, schema-free, document-oriented database.
- Home - MongoDB - 10gen Confluence
- Obvious Hints: Benchmarking MongoDB VS. Mysql
- How This Web Site Uses MongoDB
- Why I think Mongo is to Databases what Rails was to Frameworks // RailsTips by John Nunemaker
- 280 North's Atlas goes in to beta
- 5 Damn Easy Ways To Improve User Experience
- Think of emails as views delivered through SMTP
- 10 Useful Tools for Finding the Perfect Domain Name
- Firebug 1.5.0 Released
- Cross Site HTTP Requests in Firefox
What’s wrong with the iPad
The much-anticipated iPad debuted this week, introduced by Steve Jobs as a device that will revolutionize the industry. The 1 1/2-pound slate computer will bring you books, movies, music and even word processing, all on a 9.7-inch screen. Host Liane Hansen talks with NPR's Laura Sydell about the much-hyped device and whether it's worth all the fuss.
Tagged with apple ipad technology npr
Led by Simon Willison. The Ajax revolution has increased user expectations for web application interactivity, and resulted in a growing demand for real-time information. Comet is an umbrella term for a set of techniques that enable live updates of web pages as soon as a significant event occurs. On the server-side, a different set of technologies is needed to handle the challenges of event-driven applications.
Profiling Dynamic Web Applications with Firebug
Page 1 of 2Older