In episode three of Using Blue we talk with Jeremy Keith of Clearleft about how HTML5 snuck up on him, responsive web design, catch phrases and catch phrases.
We head down a great path of discussion with Jeremy while we talk about:
- Buzz words in the industry.
- How maybe UX and design are really the same thing.
- Brian Rieger and his work on yiibu.com
- How content management systems need to structure their content.
- Responsive web design as the most exciting thing to hit the web, maybe ever.
- Is Drupal a CMS or is it a framework?
- How naming conventions in Drupal can cause confusion.
- Who is Drupal really going after as their target audience.
- The concept of Drupal distributions.
- Native apps vs the mobile web with progressive enhancements. Jason Grigsby has a good post on how you can't link to an app and the issues with that.
- The mobile first approach that Luke Wroblewski writes and talks about and we love.
- Getting into the browser as fast as possible. Essentially designing in the browser whenever possible.
- Style tiles as an excellent communication tool in the design process.
- The upcoming dConstruct conference. An excellent conference in Brighton, UK on September 2, 2011.
- Also the Brighton Digital Festival.