- Showbot status and pull requests
- Older phones still being bought today, like the iPhone 4S
- Long-term device limitations and upgradeability, RAM, spinning disks, and Mac/iOS purchasing strategies
- Vindictive but self-defeating defections
- Screen size, small hands, and pants/trousers/jeans/khakis/whatevertheyrecalled.
- Silver Screen Queens Podcast
- CGP Grey
- 4K Plasma TVs, as pointed out by Awax, which lists for $500K
- Overcast has shipped!
- Planning for server load and timing a release in the App Store
- Why require user accounts, and why not iCloud?
- Why freemium?
- What took so long? Why no streaming? Why does that even matter?
- IRL Talk
- ARM SIMD Extensions
- Features users will hopefully appreciate
- Linking to other independent podcast apps
- Some serious dedication on Hacker News
- Posted after we recorded: Castro’s response
- Podcast directory design motivations
- Possible web-hosting on an A7-based Apple TV like at Mac Mini Vault
- John gets Hypercritical about Overcast
- Electric Shadow
- Back to Work
Tagged with “twitter:user=siracusa” (6)
- FU on Apple’s tick-tock pattern.
- Marco’s PHP framework and sponsor-tracking web app, and why both exist.
- Usability and security implications of passwordless login systems.
- The Mac Mini’s seemingly accidental success.
- Podcasters who hate the word "podcast", its quality connotation, efforts to invent alternative names, and barriers to entry.
- Brent Simmons’ 30 Minutes To Sync proposal.
- Building web services on Apple’s infrastructure.
Special guest star John Siracusa joins John Gruber for a quick two-hour twenty-minute chat about Mat Honan’s Apple ID account hacking, App.net and Twitter, Mountain Lion and Siracusa’s review thereof, and the origins and future of iOS.
5by5 - Hypercritical #43: The Scorpion and the Frog
5by5 - Hypercritical #42: The Wrong Guy
5by5 - Hypercritical #41: The Homer