This week we were joined by Brad Frost, a web designer and developer who is doing a lot these days for the responsive web design movement. He’s created things like Mobile Web Best Practices and This Is Responsive.
We talk about (roughly in order):
Q & A
- What are our go-to WordPress plugins? (these)
- Life beyond the final breakpoint
- Isn’t adaptive design better?
- How do you deal with a grid when you start with mobile first?
- Ems, rems, percentages, etc. in responsive design, including media queries. (Link about using em’s for breakpoints)
- What is a good UI/UX conference to go to?
- How do you deal with the “view desktop version | view mobile version” thing?
- Who’s responsive design would be better? Batman or Flash?