- Pretty in Pink by Psychedelic Furs covered by The National
- Fuzzy by Grant Lee Buffalo covered by Hazeldine
- This Corrosion by Sisters of Mercy covered by Lambchop
- Vapour Trail by Ride covered by Trespassers William
- New Dawn Fades by Joy Division covered by Salter Cane
- Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want by The Smiths covered by The Lancaster Orchestra
Salter Cane covering the Tim Buckley song that has previously been recorded by The Cocteau Twins performing as This Mortal Coil.
Here’s a detailed analysis of the song: http://tenser.typepad.com/tenser_said_the_tensor/2005/08/song_to_the_sir.html
This version was recorded live in one take at Metway Studios in Brighton.
Shaun Inman covering the title track from Salter Cane’s album Sorrow.
The album is released under a Creative Commons Attribution license:
Recorded at the Prince Albert pub in Brighton, Salter Cane opening for Arbouretum.
- The Flower Only Blooms
- Oh, Molly
- Black Swollen River
- Fine Again
- Love Stranger Than This
- Wicked Boy
- The Truth Is Nothing
Via Twitter: "Rerecorded my cover of @saltercane’s Sorrow properly."
The Wedding Present covering The Go-Betweens.
"M.I.A’s ‘Galang’ , Aphex Twin’s ‘Jynweythek Ylow’, Shackleton’s ‘Tin Foil Sky’, The Banker and Beethoven ‘Adagio Sostenuto’." From http://www.nialler9.com/2009/02/09/kaboogie-label-sampler-vol-2/
Each summer, the Pitchfork Music Festival draws thousands of fans to Chicago to hear three day’s worth of performances, by more than 40 bands. It’s a mix of some of the best new and largely unknown, independent bands of the year. On this episode of All Songs Considered, host Bob Boilen talks with freelance reporter Jacob Ganz about some of the music Ganz discovered while covering this year’s festival, which ended July 19
* The Fray - Heartless (Kanye West Cover) * Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow * The Police - Message in a Bottle * 2Pac - Dear Mama * Alan Parsons Project - Ammonia Avenue