The Cocteau Twins singing Tim Buckley (as recorded under This Mortal Coil).
The Wailing Hall covers Tim Buckley.
From Cover Me’s list of the best cover songs of 2010: http://www.covermesongs.com/the-best-cover-songs-of-2010-1
Shaun Inman covering the title track from Salter Cane’s album Sorrow.
The album is released under a Creative Commons Attribution license:
Joy Division cover by Salter Cane.
- Pretty in Pink by Psychedelic Furs covered by The National
- Fuzzy by Grant Lee Buffalo covered by Hazeldine
- This Corrosion by Sisters of Mercy covered by Lambchop
- Vapour Trail by Ride covered by Trespassers William
- New Dawn Fades by Joy Division covered by Salter Cane
- Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want by The Smiths covered by The Lancaster Orchestra
The Wedding Present covering The Go-Betweens.
"This song is from the massive Norwegian Prince tribute album Shockadelica that the Little Guy had pulled from the market. It’s a shame he did, because it’s full of wonderful covers like this one. It’s a very sad song. It sounds like the singer is resigned to the loss of his lover but he’s not quite over her yet." From http://coverfreak.com/2009/05/17/the-rainy-season/
First Aid Kit covering Fleet Foxes.
Bill Janovitz marks the passing of Vic Chestnutt with this cover of his song Florida.
Kristen Hersh has set up a donation page for Vic Chesnutt’s family:
Recorded at the Prince Albert pub in Brighton, Salter Cane opening for Arbouretum.
- The Flower Only Blooms
- Oh, Molly
- Black Swollen River
- Fine Again
- Love Stranger Than This
- Wicked Boy
- The Truth Is Nothing