Key Points From This Episode:
* An introduction to today’s guest, Oscar Spencer.
* The panel shares what sound their Slack makes when they receive a new message.
* Oscar shares his personal passion for the Vue Composition API.
* Why he believes that Vue’s bright future includes the options API too.
* Why Composition API represents great things for the future of Vue.
* The panel discusses commit messages, interactive rebasing, and squashing.
* What Oscar means when he says that the Composition API makes Vue more scalable.
* Oscar and the panel weigh in on taking a template-first approach
* Discover Oscar’s situational approach to composables when reusing business logic.
* Composition API versus Mixins and why Oscar believes Composition API is superior.
* Whether Options API or Composition API is easier to teach to a beginner developer.
* Oscar on how to know when to use Composition API versus Options API.
* The panel shares some of the longest Vue components they have worked on.
* Render functions in Vue and Oscar’s perspective on React versus Vue.
* What to look out for if you’re new to Composition API; not understanding Vue’s reactivity.
* Why the coolest thing Oscar has done in Vue is write a backend using the reactivity API.
* This week’s picks: Only Murders in the Building, The Artful Escape, Dyson Sphere Program, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, and more!