Philip Michaels talks about Apple’s product announcements with Macworld’s two staffers who were there on the scene (and got their hands on the products), Jason Snell and Dan Moren.
Tagged with “ipad” (27)
This week, Jim is joined by Back to Work’s Merlin Mann to talk about hands-on experiences with Apple’s new iPhone 5s and 5c and iOS 7.
Including a deep dive on Touch ID; how easier security measures could boost iTunes sales; Jim’s new-found photo skills with the 5s camera; what Jim looks for in the wiring under his wood; and more.
Special guest Merlin Mann.
David Allen is the originator of GTD, and founder of David Allen Co. GTD is the shorthand brand for "Getting Things Done," the groundbreaking work-life management system by David Allen that provides concrete solutions for transforming overwhelm and uncertainty into an integrated system of stress-free productivity.
Are you a GTD fanatic? Love OmniFocus? Want a sneak peak at this week’s special Macworld Omni event? We’ve got an exclusive interview with Ken Case, CEO of the Omni Group, about their latest upgrade to their popular OmniFocus software.
Jim and Dan discuss Dell going private and how Apple has defined itself over the years with a brief appearance by Dan’s mom. Later they are joined by Greg Howard of 3 Monkeys Amps to building custom amplifiers.
Jim and Dan continue their conversation about the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display. They also offer perspective on Microsoft’s Surface announcement, purchasing music, page views, proper attribution, guitars, and more.
- Joanne McNeil of Tomorrow Museum explains her take on the iPad’s lack of multitasking
- Apple announces multtiasking in iPhone OS 4
- Nora mentions the Spark slow web toolkit and her full interview with Jeff MacIntyre
- Tom Lucier‘s social media baby moratorium
- Swiss Miss Tina Roth Eisenberg tries some extreme crowdsourcing (full interview)
- Mayor Nicolai Wammen considers changing the name of Århus, Denmark, to Aarhus, Denmark
- CBC Radio 3‘s Grant Lawrence uses failin.gs to ask, “What’s wrong with me?”
- Daniel Pink on motivation 3.0
- Daniel’s book is Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us
Music and sound effects used in this episode:
- Countdown by Corsica_S “oneSidedConversation” by airtone
- “Slow Down” (1941) by King Cole Trio
- “Humming” by fLako Music from “Music for Underwater Listening” by Podington Bear
- “I’ll Never Fail You” (1938) by Teddy Wilson And His Orchestra
- “Backed Vibes (clean)” by Kevin MacLeod
For more information (and instructions) visit http://cbc.ca/podcasting
John Gruber and Dan Benjamin talk about the rumors of iPad 3, Windows 8 on ARM, LTE hardware, and Google Drive, about the Super Bowl ad Apple didn’t run, the Samsung stylus, and Path doing the wrong thing the wrong way.
A presentation from the Update conference held in Brighton in September 2011.
Dan and Marco discuss the TextMate 2 alpha (it’s real!), demand for iOS games, cloud hosting and the scaling challenges it won’t solve, and the Top Brewer coffee faucet.
Page 1 of 3Older