WWW, December 2007 - Get ready for a deep, deep journey into the mystical realms of Adrian Sherwood’s On-U Sound from the early 1980’s into the present time.
When Adrian Sherwood started releasing his experiments and DUB excursions beyond the realms of Reggae, he took a special place in the history books of Reggae Music. Until this present day he maintains his position as head of one of the most remarkable stables UK DUB.
In fact, counting Adrian Sherwood among the UK DUB engineers would not give him the credit he truly deserves. He has a truly outernational perspective on his productions and even though Reggae and Jamaican Reggae in particular is the roots of his products, nobody is really surprised when he will incorporate elements of other musical streams and styles in his releases as well.
Ravi Shankar, for example. The Indian Sitar player made his name during the 1960’s when his works (called Raga’s) were made popular by the Beatles (or some other band).
We will hear him, as well as a whole number of artists produced or released by Adrian Sherwood in what truly is an outernational experience, a deep deep DUB Journey beyond the realms of Reggae!
01. Yes its bless (alternate take) - Dub Syndicate (2001)
02. Can´t stop jumping - Bim Sherman & Dub Syndicate (1983)
03. Resolution (part 2/version 2) - Singers & Players (1982)
04. Dervish chant - African Head Charge (1990)
05. Learning to cope with cowardice - Mark Stewart & The Maffia (1983)
06. Cliched dub slave - Adrian Sherwood (2006)
07. Rise up - Ghetto Priest (2003)
08. Le temps simmobilise - Samia Farah (1999)
09. Sinners - Little Axe (2004) 10. Paradise of nada - Adrian Sherwood (2003) 11. Free the marijuana (part 1) - Audio Active (1994)
12. Ravi Shankar - Dub Syndicate & Rootsman (1996)