With Shiftless LL, Brian Kelcey, Robert Galston, Ethan Cabel and James Hope Howard.
Tagged with “winnipeg” (4)
Should Mayor Sam Katz resign? And: Anyone who will run for mayor in 2014 will need to start organizing soon. Who should look at throwing their hat into the ring? A councillor? An MLA? Someone else?
With special guests @NorthEndMC, @StateOfTheCity and @HeyJTurner.
- Rallying to stop North End crime with @NorthEndMC. Event info.
- What’s this “crime plan” all about?
- What’s different about downtown crime that makes it so hard to fight?
- The inefficacy of crime stat
- Social media and the police force — with @HeyJTurner on his post at http://winnipegcrime.wordpress.com: “The WPS tacitly acknowledges that Twitter and Facebook can be leveraged to great gain. However, the service plans to spend 2012 determining “our current and future opportunities” and not move towards integration of social media into their PIO strategy until 2013 at least. IMO: Way too late. Wayyy too late. Next year, policy guidelines for use of social media by officers and civilians in the WPS will be drawn up.”
Carolyn Wood (Association of Canadian Publishers ACP) Karen Adam (Canadian Association of Research Libraries CARL) Merit Jensen-Carr (Documentary Organization of Canada DOC) Nichole Cyr Hiebert (MTS Allstream) Sid Rashid (University of Manitoba Students’ Association) Christopher Dutchyn (University of Saskatchewan) Cecilia Araneda (Winnipeg Film Group) Alan Willaert (American Federation of Musicians) Sean McManus (Manitoba Music) Tanya Peatt (Office of the Minister of Canadian Heritage) Barbara Motzney (Copyright Policy Branch, Canadian Heritage) Colette Downie (Marketplace Framework Policy Branch, Industry Canada) Tanya Woods (Marketplace Framework Policy Branch, Industry Canada)