Tagged with “bush” (15)
A talk by Tim Morton, response by Allison Carruth, and Q&A by Tim Morton, Allison Carruth, Karen Jacobs and John Crossley.
Vincent, Rich, and Alan consider how to reform the scientific enterprise to make it more effective and robust.
Become a fan of the Political Gabfest on Facebook. We post to the Facebook page throughout the week, so keep the conversation going by joining us there.
The way our climate works remains something of a puzzle in Australia but now a group of scientists, known as the Aus2K group, is trying to change all that with a bit of scientific sleuthing.
Kate Bush’s Running Up That Hill vs. Prince’s Sign O’ The Times.
The Sight Below recently compiled an amazing tracklist for a Fact Magazine Mix packed with lush distorted dream pop from the 80’s and 90’s.
- slowdive \ slowdive \ slowdive \ creation \ 1990
- chapterhouse \ treasure \ whirlpool \ dedicated \ 1991
- franke \ jag älskar dig \ aldrig förstå ep \ luxury \ 2003
- joy division \ isolation \ closer \ factory \ 1980
- echo & the bunnymen \ do it clean \ crocodiles \ korova \ 1980
- spacemen 3 \ take me to the other side \ the perfect prescription \ glass records \ 1987
- cocteau twins \ lorelei \ treasure \ 4ad \ 1984
- kate bush \ hounds of love \ hounds of love \ emi \ 1985
- iggy pop \ nightclubbing \ the idiot \ rca \ 1977
- teenage filmstars \ loving \ star \ creation \ 1992
- seefeel \ more like space \ more like space ep \ too pure \ 1993
- clan of xymox \ no words \ clan of xymox \ 4ad \ 1985
The Justice Department released nine Bush Administration memos that justified broad Presidential powers after September 11. The memos state the President has the power to use the military within the United States against suspected terrorists, that the President has the right to conduct warrant-less surveillance and searches within the Untied States, and that First Amendment rights to free speech and freedom of the press could be suppressed. FSRN’s Leigh Ann Caldwell reports.
Professor T. J. Pempel, Political Science, University of California, Berkeley.
Page 1 of 2More