Joe Gebbia ‘s ZURBsoapbox: We have to say that Joe Gebbia, Airbnbâs co-founder and chief product designer, is a great storyteller. He practically held court when he dropped by last month for his soapbox. Everyone was captivated as Joe told the story of Airbnb
Tagged with “podcast” (9)
Workflows with Adam Lisagor Katie and David chat with LonelySandwich about how he gets work done with his Apple technology. Links of note Adam Lisagor Adam’s Twitter Adam’s Videos Adam’s Blog David Wain Mac Power Users Interview FileMaker Pro Shake – now depricated Merlin Mann Adam’s iOS app, Birdhouse TextEdit Dropbox Notational Velocity Simplenote NValt.
Hosts: Randal Schwartz and Simon Phipps
Sunlight Lab’s goal is to make US Government data available to you.
Guest: Jeremy Carbaugh for Luigi Montanez.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/floss.
Huffduffed from http://twit.tv/floss154
Steven Johnson has spent twenty years immersed in creative industries, was active at the dawn of the internet and has a unique perspective that draws on his fluency in fields ranging from neurobiology to new media. In his new book, he identifies the key principles to the genesis of great ideas, from the cultivation of hunches to the importance of connectivity and how best to make use of new technologies. By recognising where and how patterns of creativity occur – whether within a school, a software platform or a social movement – he shows how we can make more of our ideas good ones. This event celebrates the publication of his latest book Where Good Ideas Come From: A Natural History of Innovation.
Kevlin Henney, editor/author of 97 Things Every Programmer Should Know, discusses the book and the programming process. He talks about how he compiled the essays for the book and lists some of the items he found most surprising and thought provoking. He also assesses the issues related to programmer training, including some of the things not taught in school.
- 9 Most Common IE Bugs and How to Fix Them
- Faster Loading Through Eval()
- Python Moratorium
- Top Up
- jQuery 1.4 ReleasedjQuery version 1.4 has been released!
- The 14 Days of jQuery
- jQuery 1.4 and Malformed JSON « Katz Got Your Tongue?
- 35 Excellent Ecommerce User Interface Designs
- Mongo DBMongoDB (from "humongous") is a scalable, high-performance, open source, schema-free, document-oriented database.
- Home - MongoDB - 10gen Confluence
- Obvious Hints: Benchmarking MongoDB VS. Mysql
- How This Web Site Uses MongoDB
- Why I think Mongo is to Databases what Rails was to Frameworks // RailsTips by John Nunemaker
- 280 North’s Atlas goes in to beta
- 5 Damn Easy Ways To Improve User Experience
- Think of emails as views delivered through SMTP
- 10 Useful Tools for Finding the Perfect Domain Name
- Firebug 1.5.0 Released
- Cross Site HTTP Requests in Firefox
"Compass author Chris Eppstein shows how Compass and Sass can untangle stylesheets and allow reusable styles, classes, and designs without imposing on the markup."
Interview with Elliot Jay Stocks