In Episode No. 81 of The Big Web Show ("Everything Web That Matters") host Jeffrey Zeldman interviews Tina Roth Eisenberg, creator of swissmiss and tattly and co-founder of Creative Mornings and TeuxDeux.
Tagged with “mobile” (6)
5by5 - The Web Ahead #45: Web Design with Andy Clarke
5by5 - The Big Web Show #75: Evan Williams
5by5 - In Beta #18: Calling Shenanigans
5by5 - In Beta #7: A Flickr of Hope
In episode three of Using Blue we talk with Jeremy Keith of Clearleft about how HTML5 snuck up on him, responsive web design, catch phrases and catch phrases.
We head down a great path of discussion with Jeremy while we talk about:
- Buzz words in the industry.
- How maybe UX and design are really the same thing.
- Brian Rieger and his work on yiibu.com
- How content management systems need to structure their content.
- Responsive web design as the most exciting thing to hit the web, maybe ever.
- Is Drupal a CMS or is it a framework?
- How naming conventions in Drupal can cause confusion.
- Who is Drupal really going after as their target audience.
- The concept of Drupal distributions.
- Native apps vs the mobile web with progressive enhancements. Jason Grigsby has a good post on how you can’t link to an app and the issues with that.
- The mobile first approach that Luke Wroblewski writes and talks about and we love.
- Getting into the browser as fast as possible. Essentially designing in the browser whenever possible.
- Style tiles as an excellent communication tool in the design process.
- The upcoming dConstruct conference. An excellent conference in Brighton, UK on September 2, 2011.
- Also the Brighton Digital Festival.