As Dave said Dec. 3rd, “We’re having a Rebooting The News moment here with WikiLeaks.” Indeed. Now we now how the open Net comes crashing down.
- First came the denial of service attacks. (Dave: “How do we know that?”)
- Next, Amazon Web Services kicked Wikileaks off its cloud servers.
- Then it was EveryDNS.net., which stopped serving the domain wikileaks.org
- Then Tableau Software removed data visualizations Wikileaks had running there.
- Then PayPal started choking off the air supply: donations.
- The U.S. Library of Congress even got into the act, shutting down access to Wikileaks at its terminals.
Huffduffed from http://rebootnews.com/2010/12/06/rebooting-the-news-75/